Our School's Vision
We believe that learning should be enjoyable, purposeful and challenging
Through our effective curriculum we equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to develop confident individuals, who take ownership of their learning; are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
We believe that every child matters
Through positive attitudes and partnerships we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in a safe and secure environment where differences are celebrated.
We believe that all members of our school community should work together to maintain a safe, clean and stimulating environment which encompasses not only the learning environment and school grounds, but the surrounding area also.
We aim to promote sustainability and an awareness of wider global issues through our curriculum.
We believe that good teamwork and positive partnerships – with individual children, the whole class, our colleagues, with governors, parents, carers and the wider community will lead to excellent teaching, high standards and successful learning.
- To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for our pupils that promotes high standards and enables all children to reach their potential;
- To promote a love of education for all learners and to equip them with the tools to take ownership of their own learning;
- To promote children’s self-esteem, their rights and responsibilities;
- To create a welcoming atmosphere in school where children, staff, parents/carers and visitors feel valued;
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity;
- To work in partnerships with outside bodies in order to strengthen curriculum links and promote an awareness of the wider world;
- To ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure and enjoy coming to school.
We will accomplish this by:
- Placing effective teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do;
- Working in partnership with other schools and businesses;
- Providing an exciting, broad and challenging learning experience;
- Promoting a ‘Have a go’ culture where children have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners;
- Promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the learning of their children and the development of good behaviour.