Not all classrooms have four walls!
At St Peter’s we are committed to the holistic development of our children: ensuring 'life in all its fullness'. To support our rich and varied curriculum, we also offer the children the opportunity to participate in Forest School.
Our Forest School Vision
We wish to enable our students to develop an inquisitive and positive relationship with the natural world. Through Forest School, children develop their self-confidence and self-esteem in addition to developing respect for their environment and the wider world. As they progress throughout their educational journey at St Peter’s, they will build upon and develop their practical skills whilst learning to recognise and manage risk. Our school rules of ‘Ready, Respectful, Safe’ will be promoted and learning will support our curriculum subjects.
Forest School supports the development of
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Social skills and communication
- Physical skills; both gross and fine motor
- An awareness and understanding of the natural environment and the wider world
- Motivation and a positive attitude to learning
- A healthy lifestyle
- An ability to recognise and manage reasonable risk.
Have a look at the video below which shows some pictures of our Year 2 cohort enjoying Forest School sessions.
Our Forest School Progression document is also accessible below.