The government has continued its pledge to provide Sports Premium Funding to schools for the next academic year. The money must be used to improve the provision of PE and school sport to enable high quality, sustainable provision and greater participation by children.
PE and school sport play a very important part in the life of St Peter's C of E Primary School. We believe that PE and school sport contribute to the holistic development and 'life in all its fullness' for our children. We are therefore delighted to be able to continue to use the sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways:
- continue to develop our specialist P.E. teacher to deliver high quality PE & Sports lessons during curriculum time and coordinate competitive sport within and across schools.
- provide quality assured professional development opportunities enabling quality teaching and learning for all children through a training partnership with a specialist PE hub, including devising ways to assess and measure the achievement of children in PE and developing high quality planning for PE that encourages continuous activity throughout PE sessions and the development of progressive skills.
- provide focused team activities at lunchtime
- continue to develop and provide a wide range of extra-curricular sport activities including sports that children may not ordinarily access.
- ensure children with additional needs or those who are disadvantaged to have the opportunity to access sporting activities.
- provide first-class resources for the children to use during PE and sports sessions.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and school sport increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
Please see below, our Sports Premium Statement and information regarding our Year 6 swimming levels against the national curriculum requirements.